You can easily add, remove, or rearrange pictures of your Tradesy item from any device. When you're creating or editing a listing on a laptop or desktop computer, you'll select "Add From Computer" to upload images to Tradesy. If you're having trouble, try using a different browser - such as the most recent version of Chrome. For mobile users, the Tradesy iOS and Android app will ask permission to access your phone or tablet's camera and photos. If you haven't already taken photos, you can take pictures with your phone from here to put directly onto the listing. If you're having trouble, check to make sure your Operating System (OS) is up to date and you have the most recent version of our iOS or Android app. Read on for more help.
You can easily sell your designer women's fashion from any device. Learn how to get started here. When you create a listing on Tradesy, we ask for pictures first.
Keep in mind, you don't have to do everything all at once: you can always pause what you're working on and save as a draft to finish later. You can also rearrange, delete, or add more photos any time, as long as the item hasn't sold yet. Learn more about editing listings here.
Tradesy will remove the background of your first photo to give your item a crisp, clean look. Note that you're not obligated to edit the background of your other photos! Learn our tips and photo guidelines here.
Below are some suggestions if you cannot successfully add images to your listing.
If you're having trouble accessing your photos or getting past the upload step, make sure your tools are up to date.
- On a computer: Tradesy works best on Chrome. Click here to download it for free, or if you already have, check that you're on the most recent version.
- On an iPhone or iPad: Tradesy only supports iOS 11 and higher, so be sure to check which OS you have and update as needed. You'll then be able to download the most recent version of our iOS app, on which pictures will work much better.
- On an Android phone: Tradesy only supports Android 6.0 and higher, so be sure to check which OS you have and update as needed. You'll then be able to download the most recent version of our Android app, on which pictures will work much better.
Note for app users: You will need to "allow" the Tradesy app access to your camera in order to take photos and you will need to "allow" the Tradesy app to access your photo library in order to upload existing pictures. If you weren't automatically prompted to do so, head to your device's settings to check you've turned on this permission.
When photo dimensions are too small
Images on Tradesy must be at least 800 x 800 pixels but also under 5MB large. After uploading a photo, here are some tips if you receive a message that your image is too small:
- Screenshots: These are often smaller files than actual photos, so take some photos of the item with your phone or camera instead, if you haven't already. As an added bonus, only posting your own pictures of the item will help you to avoid misrepresentation and having your item returned to you. Learn more about how to create a great listing here.
- Cell phone pictures: These may be too small if they were taken with an older model. Try using a digital camera or borrow an iPhone or Android to take your photos. Smart phones typically produce the appropriate size images automatically for Tradesy, so no additional steps are required.
- Digital cameras: These may have a setting that saves all images at a particular resolution that's too small, so refer to your camera's user guide to investigate how to manually adjust this. Alternately, you can take photos using an up-to-date smart phone and upload to the iPhone or Android app instead.
When photo dimensions are too large
Images on Tradesy must be at least 800 x 800 pixels but also under 5MB large. After uploading a photo, here are some tips if you receive a message that your image is too large:
- If you're transferring from a digital camera, refer to your user guide to investigate how to manually adjust the resolution before taking the photo or trying to upload to Tradesy.
- Otherwise, you can reduce your photo files here.
If you still can't save your images to the listing after following all of these steps, please contact Member Care. For a faster resolution, be sure you're logged in to your Tradesy account before clicking the button below to start your email. Don't forget to include the title of the item you're trying to edit (or mention if it's a draft) as well as a description of what you've experienced after following the above steps.