Design Your Own Wedding Bands Contest
FROM RECYCLED BRIDE AND WHITEFLASH.COM
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE DESIGN YOUR OWN WEDDING BANDS CONTEST & GIVEAWAY, HERETOFORE REFERRED TO AS “THE CONTEST”. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT
1. ELIGIBILITY: ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE REGISTERED MEMBERS OF RECYCLEDBRIDE.COM. REGISTRATION IS FREE AND CAN BE COMPLETED IN UNDER 1 MINUTE AT HTTP://WWW.RECYCLEDBRIDE.COM/SIGN-UP. The following individuals are not eligible: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Whiteflash (“Sponsor”), Recycled Media, Inc, , and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, insurance agencies, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) of each such employee, contractor, director or officer.
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: You may enter the Contest between10::01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PST”) on 6/29/10 and 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 7/20/10 (“Contest Period”).
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, go to (“Web Site”), during the Contest Period, and follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit an entry for the Contest, in video, image, or text format, or any combination thereof. By uploading the Submission, you agree that you have (a) read or have had these Official Rules read to you and you are in agreement with these Official Rules, and (b) received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your Submission. You will be required to submit a release (to be provided by Sponsor) signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness if your Submission is selected as the Winner. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Produce and submit a video, an image, multiple images, and/or text that shows a design you’ve created for his-and-hers wedding bands.
Bands will be made of white or yellow gold and may include diamonds and other precious and semi-precious gemstones.
One (1) Winner will receive the following prize:
- 1 women’s wedding band
- 1 men’s wedding band
- Placement of the band design in Whiteflash’s collection, named after its designers/wearers
WINNER WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER FOR FUTURE RING SALES.
Judging Criteria (“Judging Criteria”) is as follows:
- 1. Beauty, Originality and Creativity – 60%
- 2. Overall Appeal – 20%
- 3. Adherence to Creative Assignment – 20%
If a Video or Image File is submitted:
- The Video file(s) must be less than 3 minutes in length.
- The Video or Image file size should be kept at or under 500 MB for quicker upload/encoding time (max file size is 500MB)
Finalists may be asked to provide the original audio and video files used during production of the entry for broadcast purposes. This may include uncompressed QuickTime files, final audio mix and/or separate audio tracks for dialogue, music, and effects. These items are not mandatory to become a Finalist.
- Submission must be primarily in English.
- All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm CT on 7/20/10.
- The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one (1) person who owns the email address associated with the Contest ID. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
- Each individual Entrant is allowed a total of three (3) Submissions.
- Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant produced for this Contest; it may not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards; it may not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe any party’s intellectual property or other rights; it must be suitable for display and publication on RecycledBride.com and Whiteflash.com (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material, it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group), it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
- Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant). You may not include any music except for the pre-approved music provided on the Web Site. Approved music provided on the Web may not be altered. Use of any unauthorized music may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of the Terms of Service and these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms of Services or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for the Prize. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on the Web Site during or after the Contest Period, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee selection as a Finalist in the Contest.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND UPLOADING YOUR SUBMISSION, YOU IRREVOCABLY GRANT TO SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS THE UNCONDITIONAL AND PERPETUAL RIGHT TO POST, DISPLAY, PUBLISH, USE, ADAPT, EDIT AND/OR MODIFY SUCH SUBMISSION IN ANY WAY, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, FOR ANY PURPOSE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT CONSIDERATION TO YOU. FINALISTS AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY ASSIGN AND TRANSFER TO THE SPONSOR ANY AND ALL RIGHTS, TITLE AND INTEREST IN SUBMISSION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COPYRIGHTS, RING DESIGNS, CONCEPTS AND IDEAS, AND WAIVE ALL MORAL RIGHTS IN SUBMISSION AND ALL RIGHTS TO THE SUBMITTED DESIGN, WHICH MAY BE REPRODUCED BY WHITEFLASH AT ANY TIME WITHOUT COMPENSATION TO THE ENTRANT. ALL CONTEST ENTRANTS FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE NFL ENTITIES (AS DEFINED BELOW), SPONSOR AND THE CONTEST PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT ANY COMMERCIAL, ADVERTISING, PRESENTATION, WEB CONTENT OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL SUBSEQUENTLY PRODUCED, PRESENTED, AND/OR PREPARED BY OR ON BEHALF OF SPONSOR INFRINGES ON THE RIGHTS OF ENTRANT’S WORK AS CONTAINED IN ANY SUBMISSION.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winning submission will be selected by a judging process in which a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”) will evaluate each eligible Submission based on the Judging Criteria set forth above. Winner is subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion of release forms (described below). If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Winner does not respond to notification within ten (10) days, if a Winner cannot be verified, or if a Winner is otherwise unable to accept prize, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner provided sufficient time remains, in Sponsor’s discretion.
Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Winners, by acceptance of the Prize (defined below), agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Contest Parties, as well as each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, advertisers and sponsor from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim relate to any allegation regarding the acceptance or use of their prize, including but not limited to the publication of the Submission and sale of the winning ring design to other parties.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
Winner will receive two (2) rings, made of white gold, yellow gold, and/or titanium, and precious and/or semi-precious gemstones, fabricated by Whiteflash to the specifications of the Winner’s design. A set of similar or same rings from Whiteflash will be named after the Winner (or a mutually agreed upon name) and sold by Whiteflash.com to the general public.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entrants must have a valid e-mail address. Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or Contest-related Web Site; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the Web Site terms of service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of California.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release by 7/29/10 or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By accepting a prize,Winner (or Winner’s parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor) agrees, and agrees in writing if requested, that the Submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Winner agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Submission, if any, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Finalists hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that Finalist may now or later have to his/her Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Submission, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Finalist shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submission and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Whiteflash or Recycled Media, Inc., Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. Nor is responsibility assumed for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor, Contest Parties, Whiteflash and Recycled Media, Inc. from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor, Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, or any travel related thereto. Sponsor, Contest Parties and the NFL Entities are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest, event or the event broadcast is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, exercise commercially reasonable efforts to air the Grand Prize winning commercial at another time or make a reasonable substitution in its sole discretion.
9. SPONSOR: Whiteflash.com