The Big Mouth Bride Blog Reveals the Magic Formula
How can you wear a stunning designer wedding gown like this Vera Wang Zea — which retails for over $10,000 — for under $1,000? <!–more–>
Today’s post on Big Mouth Bride is the third part in a fabulous series about how to buy couture dresses without the designer price tag.(Check out Part 1 and Part 2). In the post, Big Mouth Bride gives props to Recycled Bride and yours truly for this step-by-step guide:
How to wear this gorgeous Priscilla of Boston (or any designer gown you love) for under $1,000:
- This $2,800 Priscilla of Boston Molly dress is being pre-sold on RecycledBride.com right now for $2,000. (A pre-sale means that the bride hasn’t worn the dress yet and wants to secure a buyer for immediately after her wedding).
- Buy this dress for $2,000.
- Spend approximately $100 on shipping with insurance.
- Spend approximately $300 on alterations (tip: see if your seamstress can avoid cutting away length and pin it instead).
- Spend approximately $250 for high quality professional cleaning after your wedding.
- Re-list the dress and sell for $1700 – at 40% off its retail price, finding a buyer should be a piece of cake!
Total cost for a $2,800 Priscilla of Boston designer couture gown? Anyone have a guess?