Tradesy was recently featured on the CBS Pittsburgh news! In the segment, one of our users talks about her experiences on the site, inviting us into her closet and sharing her secrets about how she plans to make some extra cash for her wedding. Check out the video above to see how you, too, can turn your closet into cash!
Clockwise from top left: L.A.M.B. hobo bag, Porter travel duffel, camel messenger bag, Stella McCartney for LeSportsac travel bag, Longchamp beach bag, Fossil cross body bag, BCBG Max Azria bag, vintage messenger bag, Louis Vuitton canvas hobo bag & Zara tote bag.
When planning a trip, most people hammer out their itinerary, lodging and daily activities, but they often forget one crucial detail- finding the perfect travel bag. Although this may seem unimportant, carrying around a roomy and comfortable bag that can fit all your travel essentials is bound to make your life much more stress-free. This way, you can actually enjoy that relaxing vacation that you spent who-even-knows-how-long planning.
Getting ready for a trip? Check out our Top Ten Travel Bags- they’re guaranteed to make your vacation (and life) a little easier.
Watch as Tradesy’s CEO meets one of our most popular sellers in her closet, and shows you how to freshen up your wardrobe!
Whether you keep tons of unworn items in your closet or fill it with pants and basics, the kinds of clothes you store can say a lot about your personality. Tradesy founder Tracy DiNunzio spoke to Marie Claire last month to talk about what your closet says about you, and how you can build off this information to increase your future success. Here’s what Tracy had to say:
- If your closet is filled with brand labels, you may care a lot about the way the world sees you and may even be avoiding forming your own, true identity.
- If your closet consists of lots of unworn clothes with their tags off, you may have trouble letting go of your past. This can be tied to a specific time in your life (like holding on to a pre-baby wardrobe to reminisce) or you might just have trouble letting go of things in your life generally.
- If your closet has mostly unworn clothes with their tags on, this usually means you’re buying clothes for a desired future, but not doing anything constructive to make it happen. This is an easy fix- just start wearing these clothes and you’ll give yourself the push to reach your ideal.
- If your closet lacks color, you may prefer to go unnoticed. This could be due to low self-esteem or just a introverted personality type.
- If you only have pants in your closet, you may be trying to tone down your sexuality to fit in at work or within your social circle.
- If you have different versions of the same thing in your closet, you may be scared of change, both in your wardrobe and in your life. You often have a desire to change things, but this is either going unfulfilled or you’re too scared to take the plunge.
- Tracy’s tips: have someone else clean out your closet for you, take the things you don’t wear and sell or donate them and then figure out the woman you want to be and start dressing like her.
Check out the full article to get even more helpful tips for cleaning out your closet to better improve your potential and get to where you want to be.
Shop our Downtown Cool Sale to get your dream designer bag for an even dreamier price. Use the code STREETCHIC50 to take $50 off a variety of bags, all on sale for $400 or more. Hurry, the deal ends tomorrow at midnight!
This week’s wardrobe wonders can be found in the closets of three amazing Tradesy users, each with their own distinct look. Find simple, high-end basics and classic statement pieces in Colette K.’s Closet. In the market for glam bags, shoes or sunglasses? Shop Laura H.’s Closet! Or, if you’re more of a free-spirit, peek into Elizabeth T.’s Closet. There’s a look for everyone in each of these closets!
Some of our moms treat us to spa days, others prefer not to splurge. Some moms let us try on their vintage Chanel, while others are always planning the next big vacation. Whatever her personality, your mom deserves to be appreciated this Mother’s Day. We’ve put together a variety of personalized gift guides to help you find the perfect present for mommy dearest.
Give your chic mom (1) a cool accent mirror, a (2) classy cocktail making set, or a (3) pair of Gucci classic red pumps. Or, get her a nice set of (4) Butter nail polishes or a (5) silk DVF scarf. Want to keep it simple? Get her a (6) Breakfast at Tiffany’s DVD, starring the chicest of the chic.
Give your indulgent mom a (1) Vera Wang necklace that’s to-die-for, or get her a set of (2) wine tasting tickets. Buy her a (3) yoga pass, or splurge on some (4) Aesop-Marimekko Sauna body scrub and body balm. Let her enjoy some fine teas at home with (5) Menu’s tea kettle (with a built-in infuser and warmer), or get her a (6) bottle of Marc Jacobs’ Daisy Eau So Fresh.
Give your adventurous mom a (1) hiking guide book specific to your area, (2) redeemable ceramics classes or a (3) Coach backpack for her outdoor fun. Or, get her a nice pair of (4) Hunter rain boots or a (5) Moleskine notebook to jot down adventurous tales from her travels.
Give your practical mom a (1) Marc Jacobs pouch to store her knick knacks, or a (2) Sodastream carbonated water maker. Get her a (3) Tory Burch iPad case for her work needs, or a (4) fun dish set to spice up her kitchen. Or, give her a (5) basket of sweets (because what’s more practical than food?) or a (6) set of notecards that will never go out of style.
In need of even more gift inspiration? We’ve got you covered with our Mother’s Day trend and tons of gifts for the lady who loves you most!