Ready to turn your handbags into cash? Whether you are aiming to sell a gently worn favorite or newly coveted piece that isn’t quite for you – there are a few tips and tricks that will help your listing get noticed and find a great home.
1. AMOUNT OF PICTURES
Depicting details is absolutely key in the resale market. You want to comfort your potential buyers by providing transparency to all angles of your bag. When taking pictures, aim to use your camera as a tool to answer questions of customers (what does the inside look like? How about the detail on the hardware? Are there purse feet on the bottom? etc.) Added Bonus: On Tradesy, our in site search algorithm actually favors listings with more pictures!
2. QUALITY OF PICTURES
In the ecommerce realm, the book is absolutely judged by its cover. Optimizing your photo’s aesthetic is so important, and easy! When shooting a bag, make sure your photos are level, amidst a non-distracting, clean background, and FOCUSED!
When reselling a bag, proof of authenticity, proper storage, and care is paramount. Include proof of any receipts, original tags, and identification cards if applicable. Show dust bags and boxes. If your bag came with any kind of stuffing for shape preservation – include that too!
If there is one thing to remember it is this: you can never include too much information in your description. Always include all measurements, reiterate what is shown in your pictures, clarify what is not, and specifically state any signs of wear or tear. Again, when writing descriptions of your items – do so with the intent of answering the questions of your prospective buyers before they even come up.
If you can pull one take away from these tips it is this: the more information the better! Below you can find some examples of great handbag listings:
Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo
Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 Monogram Bag
Chanel Boy Shoulder Bag
I hate to sound like a “stereotypical woman”, but we ladies need a lot of shoes! As little girls, we dream of the day we’ll get our first pair of heels, prancing around the house in our mother’s stilettos as we mastered the art of walking in high heels without tipping over and cracking our skulls wide open. It’s a right of passage that we’ve all gone through and while it’s been scientifically proven you can never have too many, here’s a short list of the 6 essential pairs every lady should have in her arsenal, because like Marilyn Monroe once said, “Give a girl the right pair of shoes, she can conquer on the world!”
Giving everyday dresses and jeans a chic Parisian flair, ballet flats have become absolutely essential to our wardrobe, especially after a long night out (or even just a half hour in my case) in those daring high heels.
Slip on a pair of chucks on those days when you’ve really got your hands full. You’ll always be comfortable, while looking very cool.
The ultimate staple among staples, a basic (but sexy!) black pump will take you from the office to dinner and back again.
Flat Leather Sandals
Basic leather sandals are meant for those days when you decide to lose track of time, laze in the grass or wander without direction. Or those days when you merely wish you could.
Black City Boots
Whether you prefer the cool knee-high boot look, or the sexy over-the-knee style, sleek black leather boots with a not-too-high heel will take you places in this world.
Stunning Shoes That Look Like Art & Simply Make You Feel Good
Just follow your gut and whip these babies out whenever really good (and, hey, really bad) things happen. Or just take them out and look at them from time to time—whatever makes you happy!
Preparing for the holidays can be difficult, especially when you’re trying to shop around for the picky techie in your life. And whether you’re already planning a holiday party for your friends, or just trying to find a way to handle your significant other’s strange family-isms, you have a lot of reasons to be stressed this time of year. But before you give-in to “Compulsive Christmas Freak-Out Disorder” (CCFOD), a seasonal syndrome whose symptoms include headache, fatigue, and a possible nervous breakdown lurking around every corner, do not despair! We’ve put together a list of goodies that may ease your anxiety:
1. Badgley Mischka Wristlet – $53.00 - like new Badgley Mischka wristlet with ID window on back, nice interior with 3 card slots, room for cell phone and lip gloss! Great for a night out!
2. Kate Spade & Leather organizer – $53.99 – This beautiful, olive green microfiber & leather daily organizer/planner has tabbed dividers for Expenses, Notes, Projects, To Do, Travel, a-to-z telephone directory. Will keep you fashionably together throughout the year!
3. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Wallet – $36.50 – Barely used, hot pink wallet that comes with it’s own beautiful carrying case. In absolute perfect condition, with slots for credit cards & id’s
4. Michael Kors Monogram Patent Ipad Case – $59.00 – High gloss patent leather with a gold plated brass logo plate and still in the manufacturer’s packaging. Regularly $139, this is a steal!
5. Kate Spade Green Alligator Leather Wallet – $60.00 - Kate Spade wallet green alligator embossed leather with gold hardware with slots for id’s and credit cards.
6. Tory Burch Robinson Zip Continental Wallet – $65.00 – Stylish and functional, it comes with many compartments for credit cards, bills, receipts and coins too! Gorgeous!
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs LaptopBag – $71.50 – Brand new with w/ faux fur lined protective interior. Fits 13 inch laptop. Has a signature name plate logo on front in gold and purple color. In perfect condition!
8. Coach IPhone Case – $48.00 - Brand new with tags. Features signature “C” black nylon fabric, light brown leather trim and back slip pocket Interior features: 3 slip pockets and 1 bigger one inside.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs iPad Sleeve – $40.00 – New with tags. Cute croc print design in white with ID tag graphic on front. It has a zip top closure in white. Fits iPad 2 and 3.
10. British Iphone Phone Booth Cover – $15.50 - Smart design and color. Looks great and is a conversation piece. This cover is good for either guy or girl.
So put away your worries and save your energy! You’ll need it in January when you’re knee deep in New Year’s resolutions like “going to the gym everyday” or “giving up chocolate”. Because while conquering ”CCFOD” is really good, a new six-pack is even better.
I’m kind of feeling this new GAP ad! Every year they come up with wonderfully vibrant ads, featuring celebs from all walks of life, in very wearable clothing, and this year is no different. With tiny traces of the type of ad campaigns made famous by the “United Colours of Benetton”, they are continuing their tradition of using diverse models to peddle their wares. And I have to say, it’s refreshing to see a company not afraid to raise the profile of sorely under-represented groups of Americans.
Thanks to the new ad, the gorgeous Indian-American designer and actor Waris Ahluwalia, who’s landed on multiple best-dressed lists and is a regular in art and fashion circles, has officially become my new obsession! Thanks GAP!
The holidays are just around the corner. Can you believe it? There are so many fun festivites on the docket, one right after the other, and to make sure you’re ready to show the world your fancy side, we’ve put together a few outfit suggestions for your partying needs. For Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years, we have everything sparkly and shimmery to help take the stress out of planning your party looks:
1. Alice + Olivia Leather Dress - $98.98
2. Chanel Necklace – $313.20
3. Marc Jacobs Clutch – $361.35
4. BCBG Satin Peep Toe Slings – $144.90
1. Kate Spade Dress – $211.95
2. Tory Burch Bracelet – $126.45
3. Tory Burch Gold Clutch – $231.30
4. Christian Dior Black Pumps – $481.95
1. BCBG Sequin Dress – $144.90
2. Michael Kors Buckle Ring – $80.10
3. Brian Atwood leather Pumps – $284.40
4. Halston Silver Clutch – $96.75
Dressing to impress doesn’t just stop when you hit a certain age…at least according to these inspiring ladies, who were the subect of a documentary called “Fabulous Fashionistas” in the UK. It tells the tales of six extraordinarily stylish older women, whose avarage age is 80 (the group includes a 71-year-old boutique employee and an 87-year-old who choreographed “The Phantom of the Opera), and who refuse to conform to the societal expectations for women in their age bracket. They’ve always dressed with style and panache, so that’s not what’s remarkable. You either have “it” or you don’t, and these women have it, deftly warning others, “don’t wear beige, it’ll kill you”.
The lesson to learn is in having an identity beyond “senior citizen”, and to remind us that getting older is something you can look forward to with enthusiasm, instead of fear. These darling divas are not going to go quietly into the night, not now and not ever.
This is my favorite season, hands down. I love the crisp weather, the holidays (whoo hoo Thanksgivukkah!), the layering of rich colors and fabrics, the dramatic use of jewel-toned makeup and nails. And I am absolutely SWOONING over these lovely English maidens from over the pond! These amazing shots from Vogue‘s December issue successfully capture everything I need to be happy in this season; gorgeous ladies, wearing fancy clothes in brilliant autumn hues while adorning candy-colored trinkets on every finger? Done, done and done!
And if these gems leave you longing for a little of your own “inspiration”, head on over to Tradesy to see the lovely treasures we have in store for you!
Sophie Turner (who plays Sansa on Game of Thrones)
Model Pixie Geldof
Model Jourdan Dunn
Actress Lily James
Actress Tao Okamoto
Model Arizona Muse
Model Adwoa Aboah
Georgia may Jagger